Thursday, January 18, 2007

God Help Him, He's a Smaller ME!!!


RANDOM THOUGHT

My poor son acts like his father. He's jovial, like me. He's funny, like me. He talks (well he doesn't TALK, but he tries) like me. He's likes to get his way, like me. He zombies out in front of the TV, just like me. And of course he goes to Western Kentucky basketball games, just like his daddy. It's a terrible shame that our children act like us.


Except one thing.


He laughs more than I do. He's funnier than I am. He talks more than I do. He's cuter than me...pretty much. He zombies out a bit more than I do too.


Last night while my wife was working on her scrapbook project of our son's existence, we got to scouring the computer for pictures and it occurred to me the massive changes that have occurred. Parents say all the time that kids grow up way too fast, and it's so very true.


In the past few weeks his vocabulary is growing (relatively) he's added "done", "anana" (which loosely translates to banana), and a very clear "hi" and "bye." And you can just tell that he's learning so much so quickly. It's a very exciting time and a lot of fun.


I'm trying to get some pictures of him on his "tractors" that his uncle and aunt bought him. He likes them and he especially likes trying to run over his daddy. But my digital camera's card seems to have gone kaput. So we'll have to get those pictures again.


No comments: