Friday, January 26, 2007

The Firsts Diary: Chapter ?? First Haircut

"When you get a haircut

Be sure to go back home

When you get a haircut

Get a barber you have known

Since you were a little bitty boy

Sitting in a booster chair

Cause you might look like

Larry, Moe or Curly if a stranger cuts your hair."



-The Haircut Song,Ray Stevens


Due to the fact that our son was beginning to be mistaken for a girl with curly hair, we decided it was time for a haircut. Actually Liz decided that. I was in a bit of denial. Nevertheless, we took him for his first official haircut.





Before the haircut. Notice how freakishly pale I look. My goodness. You'd never know I have Native American ancestry.


I wanted to take our son to a barbershop. My wife wanted to take him to the hair salon at Dillard's. So we compromised and took him to the hair salon at Dillard's. (Thanks to "Rules of Engagement" and comedian Brad Garret for that joke.)



Much to our surprise, our son was very well behaved during the haircut.


Again, I have no idea where this pacificity came from.



The finished product. I must say he looks like quite the little gentleman now. And the lady at Dillard's was great. I think she was a bit apprehensive at first, but she handled it like a pro. She made it easy for all of us by keeping him occupied with some toys and things.

2 comments:

BRATCH said...

Travis, are you wearing makeup in that first photo?

Travis said...

We were in a beauty salon and I just wanted to fit in. Bruce (my makeup artist) said it looked phenomenal. It was just bad lighting.