Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Babyswap!

New from your friends at the Fox Network is Babyswap! The reality show where real life parents drop their kids off with other families so they can selfishly go out on a date by themselves.

Ok, it's not a reality show on Fox. Its actually a program some members of our church have decided to do. A kind of bartering system where one family watches your child(ren) so you and your loved one can remember what it was like to have a life. Then in return, you do the same at a later date.

It seems like a really teriffic idea at first. Then the first month pairings come out and my wife and I (with our ONE child) get matched up with one of our preachers and his family, of FOUR children. How is that equitable?

I don't really have a problem with it. They have great kids and I'm sure while challenging, it will be a lot of fun. It may also push me over the edge towards that vasectomy...kidding again.

It's a great idea and it will be nice for my wife and I to get out and enjoy dinner and a movie together. Even better that it will be in the month of February, near Valentine's Day. The Surgeon General recommends that married couples get at least one month of romance per year.

No comments: