Wednesday, June 07, 2006

6-6-06 Truly was an Evil Day

On Tuesday, 6-6-06, I woke up at 1 AM and noticed my wife not in bed. I thought little of it and figured she was making a late bathroom visit. At 4 AM I woke again and noticed her still not in bed. So I got up to investigate. It turned out she had been sick. At this point, I was pretty much awake and so I just stayed up.

It wasn't long before I started to feel bad too. We both called in sick and then endured what was a very difficult day. I seemed to take it a bit harder than she did. Frequent visits to the facilities and a general feeling of weakness makes a lousy parent. So how do you handle having both parents sick and the child seemingly doing fine?

Well in my case, I pretty much watched my wife handle everything. She was great and it's a good thing because I was laid up. I lost over 7 pounds yesterday. Now that is a powerful virus. I'm still not 100% today. My breakfast of Jell-O, saltines and Sprite has me feeling a little bit nauseous.

Now comes the truly scary part in waiting to see if our son gets it. I sincerely hope not. As rough as it was for me, his 28 year old father, I can't imagine how hard it would be for a 6 1/2 month old.

No comments: