Monday, June 19, 2006

Teeth! We've got Teeth!

Since it's been twelve days since my last entry, this will be a potpourri type post.

My son went from tooth to teeth over the weekend. That's two and counting. So the Mrs. and I are now very accustomed to the agony of a whiny, teething baby. Agony is a harsh term, but it's not fun by any means.

Some things that we have learned to be stored in the Daddy Memory Banks for future offspring:
1. Motrin is better than Tylenol for teething.
2. 99.8% of teething toys are too big.
3. Cool, wet cloths are better than too big teething toys.

We had another funny poop story this weekend. Poop stories just come with being a parent I suppose. I knew something was up Friday as we actually went to dinner at a sit down restaurant with our son and he behaved. After a while you almost become suspiscious, but the joy of chewing your food before swallowing and entertaining the thought of staying for dessert clouds one's judgment.

So as my wife was finishing her meal I was holding my son. Then the grunting began. At this point I've learned that solid foods usually equal solid poop, so I'm not stressing. I simply get a diaper and the wipes and head to the bathroom.

Problem #1: no diaper deck in the men's bathroom. I return to the table and complete the handoff to my wife.
Problem #2: no diaper deck in the women's bathroom. She returns the favor and I head toward the car after requesting that we order dessert to go.
Problem #3: Neverending poop.
Problem #4: Pee on the face and seat.
Problem #5: Upset baby.
Problem #6: I've only got one diaper in hand and I'm running out of wipes.
Problem #7: my son is soothing himself by eating what would later be discovered to be important documents for my wife's work. Oooops.
Problem #8: No plastic bags or anything else to dispose of a VERY dirty diaper and some VERY, VERY dirty wipes.
Problem #9: One stinky Ford Taurus.
Problem #10: There was no tenth problem, I just don't like stopping on nine.

Father's Day has come and gone. My wife is terribly disappointed that I don't care much about it. I'm just not a holiday/birthday kind of guy. One of my biggest reasons for this is it becomes entirely too materialistic with people always comparing what they got with what someone else got. Who cares? What I've got is a terriffic wife and a wonderfully funny 7 month old baby boy. And if that was all I got I'd be happier than a pig in the slop. But I also got a nice backrub (which proves it was a holiday or some sort of important occassion as backrubs are rare in my household.)

One last thing. No picture. I can't get the doggone thing to work. Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments: