Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Walker, Kentucky Ranger
















Walkers are not recommended by the world of pediatrics. I can’t understand that. Ok, so they can tip over and cause injury. I get that. I also get that the biggest reason for that is people sticking their children in a walker then paying no attention to them. We are not like those parents.

So our son is in his Pooh themed walker. Basically, we’re putting him in there so he can occupy himself without climbing over every inch of furniture while we try to eat dinner. Again, we’re watching him. But we’re eating too.

Here’s another observation of babies. Their first movements are apparently always backwards. Which makes sense. It’s easier to push backwards than to pull forward. When our son was learning to crawl, all he did was push himself backwards. Now in his walker, it’s the same thing. He can only go in reverse. That makes him very angry when he’s trying to get closer to Momma and Dada.

COLD UPDATE: Still there. Not as bad, but it’s still there. So the nose cleansing is still going on. And he still hates said nose cleansing. This morning, after finishing his breakfast (so to speak) he was crawling around on the bed when he coughed a couple times then launched spitup all over Dada like I was Will Smith in Men in Black. (“Aww, you know he’s actually kind of cu…{BLECH!!!}”)

2 comments:

Malinda said...

I love reading about your perspective on parenthood as a new Dad.

My husband and I are hoping to start our family in another year or so.

Keep posting!

Travis said...

Thanks Mina!

We'll definitely keep it going. It helps keep some distant family up to date, plus I like to give the completely unqualified opinions that I have.

Think of it as the first CD from your favorite group. It's completely raw, full of emotion and really lets you see them at their purist. Its kind of like that.

I wish you the best of luck in starting your own family when you're ready. God bless you and yours.