Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Landmark

I forgot the camera this morning, so forgive the lack of pictures.

Last night we reached a parenting landmark. For the first time since his birth on November 14th, our son slept in his crib in his room. He's been in a bassinet in our room all this time. My wife, who is remarkable in a million ways, was very strong. I know it hurt her to not have him in our room. And it hurts me a bit too, but its part of the process.

What my wife has in character she lacks in physical size. She's just under 5 feet tall. So the latest hurdle she's had to clear as a first time parent is how to get our son in the crib without chucking him over like a Scottish log toss (see below.)

But she managed to get him in there. He woke up a couple times, but got back to sleep quickly. All in all, it was a success. It just may not feel like one.

No comments: