Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Snotty Again

Last night I witnessed the fastest onset of a cold that I've ever seen. My son was perfectly healthy and happy when I got home at 5:30 PM.

By the time he ate his nighttime cereal, he had a runny nose. 7:30 PM.

He went to bed and then woke up around 9:00 PM with his nose almost completely stopped up. The poor guy slept in about one and a half hour segments all night long. Thus, his mother and I slept in one and a half hour segments as well.

Near 4AM my wife offered to let me sleep in the other room so I could get some sleep before going to work. I declined at first, but changed my mind pretty quickly.

She's at home with the poor thing today. A little medicine here, some rest there and you just hope he gets over it soon.

CATCHING YOU UP
Our son has cut his fourth tooth. This one was a real lulu. It's an incisor and I didn't think it would ever make it out. But it finally did last week. To the delight of both parents.

Crawling is fun for him now. He will usually wear a smile as soon as he gets up on hands and knees. Chasing the cat is an olympic sport as far as he's concerned.

The time is drawing near to put him in his own room. Since he was born he has slept with us in our room. Not in our bed, as we wouldn't allow ourselves to become "those parents." He's been in his bassinette. I think this weekend we'll make the switch to the crib we paid a lot of money for that needs to be used to justify its existence before Daddy goes insane.

1 comment:

Travis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.