Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving Recap

No pictures yet, but I'll add them in later.

Thanksgiving was good this year. After some flip flopping, we finally settled on having it at my mother's. We initially wanted to have it at our house with Liz's brother and sister coming in along with some others. When her siblings bailed on us for various reasons, we regrouped and went to Mom's.

The food was good and abundant, as it always is. The dressing was the best she has ever made (and I should know because I am an expert in MomsDressingology.) Aiden really enjoyed the time with his distant cousin (it's my cousin's granddaughter, and I'm not sure how that plays out in terminology, so I'm calling it his distant cousin.)

Aiden, being still untrained in country culinary consumption, ate chicken nuggets and fries. Poor boy.

I also wanted to clear up a little something about the last blog entry. I had flippantly said that presents lure relatives to Christmas. I think some certain people took that personal and I really, truly regret that. I had no one in mind when I wrote that comment, but I am responsible for not thinking it out. I think making the comment that showed very little forethought on my part.

So if that caused any offense, please understand it was not at all directed at anyone. Words matter, and I know that. So please accept my apology for my poor choice of words.

Here's hoping that everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving with so much food that you slipped into a tryphtophan induced coma temporarily. God bless you all.

No comments: