Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Love in the Face of a Loss

Our church family lost a member yesterday when a young man was killed in a single-car accident. While there's a lot to lament in losing someone who was such a good hearted person and who was inspirational with his recommitting to the Lord, there's more to it than that. As a Christian I am able to look at the situation and feel a measure of comfort about where his eternal destiny lies.

But as a parent I ache. We prayed as a family for his loved ones left behind then I snuck into Aiden's room while he was asleep and prayed over him while I cried. God bless anyone who has lost a child. I cannot fathom the depth of that sorrow, nor do I ever want to.

So today I want to say two things. One, I want to publicly (as public as this blog is) say that I am exponentially grateful to God for my family. I don't know how I could be more blessed than when I look at my daughter or my son or my wife. Praise, honor and glory to a loving God for blessing me beyond reason. Two, I want to urge anyone and everyone to love your family a little more today and hopefully from now on.

God rest the soul of Nathan Vincent and comfort his family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nicehappyfamily,nice blog,keep it up.