Tuesday, June 03, 2008

3 Weeks From Tomorrow

Three weeks from tomorrow we're set to find out the gender of baby #2. Everyone knows that fathers have a hard time wrapping their heads around the fact that there indeed is a baby growing inside of our wives. Let me tell you it is no easier the second time around. Intellectually I know it is so. I've heard heartbeats and seen the changes in my wife's body. But that deep down comprehension is as of yet unattainable.

The appointment went well. All the blood tests have come back good. The baby's heartbeat was found today in about a nanosecond and sounded strong at about 150 beats per minute. So far Liz's weight gain has been....JUUUUUST KIDDING! I was not born yesterday.

I will try to get the first ultrasound pictures on before the second one comes and goes, I promise.

One other matter. Time. It is the great crippler of good intentions. It keeps pregnant mothers from the exercise they need to be getting. It keeps fathers from getting the spiritual work of the household done as they should. Yet, not time, but priorities. Yes there are things that must be done. Dinner must be prepared, dishes and laundry done, yards mowed. But if one does a better job of putting more important things first, I think we'll find we do have enough time to get it all done. Nothing easier than saying it, nothing harder than doing it.

I leave you with a quote from Frank Zappa:
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."

It's punny.

No comments: