Monday, March 26, 2007

Saturday, In the Park

"Saturday in the park,
I think it was the fourth of July.
Saturday, in the park
I think it was the fourth of July."
-Saturday in the Park, Chicago
Ok, I'm not in the band Chicago. And we didn't go on a Saturday. And it was March, not at all near July. But it was warm, and we did go to the park.
And gee, I don't know, I guess the combination of spring weather, a lovely park, and spending time with my family put in the mood for song. So I composed a small illustrated poem.
We took our son to the park on Friday to feed the ducks and geese.

We took our son to the park to play on swings,

We took our son to play on a bus,

We took our son to play with us.


Too little time for pictures my dear,
has brought to the end I fear.
And while I know we'll meet again
I'll bid you adieu until then.












No comments: